How many cyclists does it take to fix a flat?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That is, what it means to be an Indians fan right now. At the moment, my boys are losing 6-4 to the CUBS! Mercifully, we are now in a rain delay that hopefully will last long enough to keep Jason Johnson from returning to the the mound. /end rant/
Saturday, the Frankfort breakfast club road out to Peotone for breakfast, then some road on to Manhattan (IL, not NY) for some extra miles. I went straight back to Frankfort. It was a hot day, mid 90's and humid, and I still ended up with 66 miles total.
Riding bicycles, one will encounter certain things in/on the road that can puncture a tube. It really is amazing we don't get more flats. In my 2300+ miles, I have only had one flat this year. But one of my colleagues had one on Saturday. Nice thing about riding in a group, there's plenty of folks to help fix the flat, or, in the least, offer advice. And in this case, the flat occured at the restaurant and we had some shade in which to hang out while waiting for the repairs.
Please note that I am not in the photo, I am working on a suitable (i.e. non-dorky) pic to post.
Saturday, the Frankfort breakfast club road out to Peotone for breakfast, then some road on to Manhattan (IL, not NY) for some extra miles. I went straight back to Frankfort. It was a hot day, mid 90's and humid, and I still ended up with 66 miles total.
Riding bicycles, one will encounter certain things in/on the road that can puncture a tube. It really is amazing we don't get more flats. In my 2300+ miles, I have only had one flat this year. But one of my colleagues had one on Saturday. Nice thing about riding in a group, there's plenty of folks to help fix the flat, or, in the least, offer advice. And in this case, the flat occured at the restaurant and we had some shade in which to hang out while waiting for the repairs.

Please note that I am not in the photo, I am working on a suitable (i.e. non-dorky) pic to post.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home