Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wow

Most of you know that I am a weather geek. Since I haven't been able to ride, I guess I'll blog about the weather until late February/early March when I should be able to start riding at least occasionally.

Last Monday Chicago set an all time record high at 67 degrees. By the time I got home from work at 4:30, there was a tornado watch. By 5:45 it was raining. By Tuesday, when it ended there was over 3 inches of rain in my gauge. The Kankakee River sure took a hit. This is the bridge over the Kanakee River in Momence:


Picture courtesy of the Chicago Office of the NWS http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/

That's the route we ride on our way to Aroma Park. Speaking of Aroma Park, they got hit pretty hard as well:


Picture courtesy of the Chicago Office of the NWS http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/

It sure makes you respect the weather. Even though we had a tornado watch, all the tornadoes were way north near the Wisconsin border.

And some my friends make fun of me for having weather radar on my cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home