Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Taste of Spring

Over the weekend the temperatures reached the mid to upper 50s and yesterday the temps were in the mid 70s. Needless to say I got some rides in. Over the weekend, there was still ice on the trail, so it was strictly road riding.

On Saturday, we rode out to Frankfort via the roads. There was a stiff west wind blowing so the ride out was slow, but the ride home was fast. I ended up with 34 miles for the day. Not bad for the first ride in three weeks.

On Sunday, there were light south/southwest winds blowing. We did a "change the clocks and start at 11:00" lunch ride to Beecher. I ended up with 43 miles for the day.

Last night it almost felt summer like. 75 degrees and sunny. With the time change, I had daylight until around 7:00. The warm weather through the weekend finally melted the ice on the trail. There were stiff southwest winds blowing so I rode out the trail to Frankfort, went south and let the winds blow me home. I ended up with 24 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home