Sunday, December 24, 2006

Where's Rudolph When You Need Him?

This morning, the weather was a little chilly, 30 degrees, but it was sunny and NO WIND. So three of us decided to go out and ride to Peotone for breakfast. Going south on Harlem Avenue through Monee it was nice and sunny. It was refreshing not to have any wind. Then, the fog rolled in. It was so dense that we altered our route and went back to Monee for breakfast. Heading back north after breakfast the sun broke through and we had a ended up with a nice 30 mile ride.

Yesterday the Frankfort Breakfast Club braved the winds, which gusted to 30 mph at times and rode to downtown Joliet for breakfast. We were debating what to have for breakfast and one of the group members wasn't sure she was hungry enough for an omelet. The waitress said they could make a two egg omelet, instead of a three egg omelet. I asked the waitress how they got the third egg out of the omelet. She never answered me. hmmmm.

I ended up with 45 miles on yesterday's ride.

Tonight, I'm doing something I haven't done in 11 years - I'm performing at Midnight mass. In fact this is the first time since 1995 that I have been retained as a professional musician in any venue. I think I'm supposed to blow into the small end of the horn and the sound comes out the big end, but I'll look that up before I go, I'd hate to screw it up.

May you all have a satisfactory non-denominational capitalist wintertime gift giving season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home