Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Winds
This year, as I'm trying to get back into shape, I'm trying to do a little less on Saturday, so I don't run out of gas on Sunday.Yesterday, I did a nice ride with a couple of my friends. We pushed it a little and I ended up with just a little over 40 miles. But then I came home and worked around the house for about 4 hours.
Today, I was supposed to be the fast ride leader. I'm really glad nobody from the fast group showed up on time. My legs were like lead this morning.
I hooked up with the medium group, who were heading out to Pilcher Park. We had strong northwest winds to start the day which made Pilcher Park a good destination. Since I'm such a weather geek, I checked the National Weather Service and Tom Skilling's forecasts, and neither predicted a wind change.
After breakfast, we headed back east on the trail and lo and behold a head wind. I guess the weather gods thought I needed more of a workout. I got one. Fortunately, riding with the medium group helped. At least I wasn't going all out with head winds for 3 1/2 hours.
Today, I was supposed to be the fast ride leader. I'm really glad nobody from the fast group showed up on time. My legs were like lead this morning.
I hooked up with the medium group, who were heading out to Pilcher Park. We had strong northwest winds to start the day which made Pilcher Park a good destination. Since I'm such a weather geek, I checked the National Weather Service and Tom Skilling's forecasts, and neither predicted a wind change.
After breakfast, we headed back east on the trail and lo and behold a head wind. I guess the weather gods thought I needed more of a workout. I got one. Fortunately, riding with the medium group helped. At least I wasn't going all out with head winds for 3 1/2 hours.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home