Monday, November 13, 2006

Time to Dust Off Those Laugh-In Tapes

Well, I'm finally starting to morph into off-season (i.e. non-cycling) activities. I am not particularly fond of spinning. Because, if I'm on my bike, I want to be going somewhere, anywhere. I will do some gentle lifting, but that doesn't fulfill the aerobic part of healthy workout program.

Of course, any chance I get, cycling is my aerobic workout, but windchills and snow do tend to be obstacles at this time of the year. So, I turn to my old friend - Mr. NordicTrack. It's only modestly more interesting than spinning, but because I do very little x-country skiing outside, I can tolerate 30 minute or so on it. Besides the obvious arm/leg workout that it provides, I am usually watching old Laugh-In tapes while NordicTracking (NordicTracking?) and that certainly provides a serious core (ab) workout as well.

So, hopefully I can workout more than I eat and drink.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oranje said...

I tried to ride today... got up early and everything. Didn't ultimately go so well. I'm still a bit cramped from yesterday's running, though, so it was Caliber-city getting here. Such a downer, that. But at least I know I won't be spooking any raccoons on the way home tonight.

2:27 PM  
Blogger elkrat said...

"Spooking Raccoons" wbagnfarb

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WBAGNFARB

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home