Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gotta Get Caught Up

Well, it's been a month since I've posted anything here. It's not like time has been flying and I have been having too much fun. Actually, it's just the opposite. Last winter, genetics and not enough off-season exercise finally caught up with this 45 year old and I have been struggling with back troubles. I am currently seeing a chiropractor and am slowly getting twisted back into shape.

The biggest problem with riding isn't my back itself, but the psychotic, er, sciatic nerve. When I try to pedal or push too hard with my right leg I get this electric pain down the side of my right leg. I am not a very good one-legged cyclist.

I am finding myself riding shorter rides - 50 miles max, and slower rides - 13-15 mph average. This means I am generally riding with different folks than I did last year. That's ok. My miles are way down. That's not ok. I only have 949 miles since January. Last year around this time was closing in on 2,000 miles by Memorial Day.

But I'll take the off year if I come back strong next year. Hopefully, the blog name change is just facetious.

I promise to post more frequently about my rides. I am still doing some interesting rides, just different ones and a little less frequent than last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home