Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tour de Joliet

This morning, the Frankfort Breakfast group did something a little different. For one thing, we didn't ride to breakfast, instead, we rode out to Joliet and did a sponsored bike tour of downtown Joliet. It was actually pretty cool. Got to tour the Jacob Henry Mansion . We also got to tour the Rialto SquareTheater. Leanne Rimes is performing tonight and the crew was setting up. We were still able to look around. It is from the same era as the Chicago Theater, and the Rialto Square still has their original pipe organ (though they wouldn't let me play it).

We started the ride at the old Iron Works. Which is where the I&M Canal goes up to Lockport. Now I REALLY have to go back to that stretch of the trail and check it out as a tourist.

My total ride today was 53 miles. Total for the year, 2,692. Which is almost exactly my total for the second year I rode. I think I'm on track for about 6,000 miles.

My boys won last night 9-0. They tend to have mental collapses after big wins like that. Hopefully it won't happen tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home