Sunday, September 17, 2006

Good Times on a Sunday

What a wonderful Sunday. The slim and trim Bears are starting to look like they can really dominate the NFC North. (Yes, I'm from Cleveland. Yes, I'm an Indians fan. But Art [rot in Hell] Modell turned me into a Bears fan.) But hating the Steelers is a birthright of all true Clevelanders. And I really hate the Stillers.

Now that we have that cleared up, I should get to the subject at hand. Today's ride was a bit different than most Sunday rides. I started out with my FOS friends, but they could only ride for about an hour. So we wound our way out to Frankfort (ground zero for bike rides) and I met up with some other friends and rode with them. We rode to Monee Reservoir and hung out there while sucking down some Gatorade and eating carbs. Conversations ranged from the movie The Black Dahlia to stuffed olives to Da Bears. We are a diverse group. After a good break, the rest of the group went back to Frankfort and I decided to go straight home. It was so cool (actually warm) to have a tailwind going north for a change!

I also went grocery shopping this afternoon which piled a couple of extra miles on the day. So my total for the day was 43 miles. Total for the year is 4,764.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home