Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Miles Weren't Meant To Be

On Sunday, FOS had a scheduled ride to Momence. It was raining at 7:00am and the decision was made not to ride. I was OK with that. Work has been busy and I was kind of tired.

It rained all day Monday and I pretty much wrote off a ride. A friend rode by after work and talked me into riding. The weather had cleared and the evening promised a nice 25 miler. Unfortunately, my friend ended up with a mechanical issue with his bike and I ended up sprinting home to go pick him up. I ended up with 13 miles.

It rained on and off today. But the radar was all clear about 4:00. The sun even peaked out from behind the clouds. Alas, a few thunderstorms popped right around 5:00 and I turned around and went home. I had 2.12 miles. Mind you, I have no problem getting caught in rain, especially if its warm out. But I have a healthy respect for thunderstorms. My bike may be carbon fiber (i.e. non-conductive) but I don't want to win any Darwin Awards.

Maybe tomorrow.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home