A River Runs Through It
Today's FOS ride was to Aroma Park. It is a quiet little hamlet south and east of Kankakee. It was cloudy and there was a light breeze blowing when I started out. I met up with one friend, and as a group of two, we turned our wheels south and made our way towards the Kankakee River.
It was a fast paced uneventful ride south. We had breakfast in Momence. We then wound our way down the Kankakee River. It was very scenic and a nice ride, until we turned around and headed north. By then, the light breeze from the north had gathered some attitude. It was a long 35 miles back. As a group of two, there is generally not as many opportunities to draft. But, I must take this opportunity to thank Barb for carrying way more than her share of the load, and for the beer when we got back to PF.
On the way back we stopped to catch our breath at the veteran's memorial in Aroma Park and jointly made the executive decision to take the most direct route back. Yet even with the altered route I managed 86 miles. I now have 4000 for the year. Yikes, I didn't reach that until November last year.
It was a fast paced uneventful ride south. We had breakfast in Momence. We then wound our way down the Kankakee River. It was very scenic and a nice ride, until we turned around and headed north. By then, the light breeze from the north had gathered some attitude. It was a long 35 miles back. As a group of two, there is generally not as many opportunities to draft. But, I must take this opportunity to thank Barb for carrying way more than her share of the load, and for the beer when we got back to PF.
On the way back we stopped to catch our breath at the veteran's memorial in Aroma Park and jointly made the executive decision to take the most direct route back. Yet even with the altered route I managed 86 miles. I now have 4000 for the year. Yikes, I didn't reach that until November last year.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home