Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Soggy Saturday

On cloudy or rainy Saturday mornings, the first thing I do is stumble to the computer and check the radar. If the rain is widespread, or heading towards Chi-town with abandon, then I stumble back to bed. Otherwise I prepare (i.e. put on a pot of coffee) for the Frankfort Breakfast Club ride. It was cloudy this morning. I stumbled to the computer and there was rain way out in Wisconsin and Iowa. I went to the National Weather Service ("NWS") website and the forecast was predicting rain for after noon.

I rode to Frankfort. Because there was rain predicted for after noon, several of us planned a short trip to New Lenox for breakfast so we could be home before noon. When we reached the restaurant, I checked the radar on my cell phone and sure enough the radar showed the rain was about to reach the area. Since New Lenox is almost 20 miles from home, I resigned myself to the fact I would ride home in the rain and not have a very long ride.

I did get rained upon and had 38 miles for the day. It's been raining on and off since. I guess I could see the glass half full. If the rain appeared to be more imminent at 6am when I checked the radar, I would have gone back to bed (good thing) but would not have had the 38 miles (bad thing). I did pass 3,900 miles today, 3,914 miles to be exact. The Sunday FOS ride is to Aroma Park an 86 mile ride. If I do the whole ride, I will get 4,000 tomorrow. We'll see. The NWS is predicting lingering rain tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home