Saturday, September 16, 2006

Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop

We had crappy weather last Sunday through Wednesday - no riding. I had a few attempts, but nothing significant. Thursday was a beautiful day and I rode out to Frankfort to the beer, er bike shop. 20 miles. I rode yesterday. I normally don't ride on Fridays because I like a rest day before the weekend, but I couldn't pass up 80 degrees and sunny. 31 miles.

Today the Frankfort Breakfast Club rode out to Joliet. We had breakfast in downtown Joliet and then I parted ways with the rest of the group. I was supposed to cut the grass on Friday, but obviously didn't, so I decided to go home and be The Happy Homeowner and get the grass cut, trimmed, etc. I did manage 51 miles in my "shortened" ride. I think the rest of the group went out and rode the Joliet trails. I could have joined them. I would have had 70+ miles for the day. For a mileage junkie like me, this was a significant decision.

Tomorrow the FOS ride is supposed to go to Lockport. My friends who I usually ride with won't be able to do the whole ride, so I'm not sure what my destination, mileage target will be. However, there are supposed to be strong south winds (where were they 2 weeks ago!) and I may head south so I can have some tail winds, for a change, going north on the way home.

Speaking of the other shoe, the bottom is supposed to drop out and we will have our first true autumnal weather starting Sunday night continuing through most of the week. We will have high temperatures in the upper 50s, low 60s and lows in the 40s. I guess I'm going to have to start finding some of my cool weather clothing. I have to admit 55 degrees feels a LOT colder in September than it does in November. With the sun setting earlier and earlier every night, I guess my 200 mile weeks are done for the year, unless I take time off from work. I guess it depends how badly I need my mileage fix.

Confidential to Pete: I just turned over 4700 miles. I noticed you only had 4500+ at printing time in the newsletter. Hmmmmm, I'm getting thirsty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home