Sunday, July 01, 2007

Aroma Park

Our bike club has a new format for the Sunday rides. Three or more groups go out based on speed, distance and sometimes destination. Today, I led the medium group from a ride from Grant Park (the one in Kankakee County) to Aroma Park.

We had a great turnout. At one point we had 16 riders, including the fast riders that joined up with us. I chose Aroma Park as a destination because you ride down to Momence, cross over the Kankakee River and follow the river down a number of miles towards Aroma Park, where we ate and had an extra long break. On the return, we crossed back over the river and rode along the north bank of the river to Momence, then back to Grant Park. It was a well received, scenic ride.

BTW, I'm not sure how Aroma Park got its name, it smelled like everything else in the area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home