Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Wednesday Night Ride

Up until last week, I had opted out of doing the Wednesday night ride. I had not been riding strong and I was afraid of pushing too hard and re-injuring whatever it was I injured in the first place.

But after riding several long Sunday rides (70+ miles) I have been building up some strength and endurance. So, last Wednesday, I went out. It turned out to be a little slower paced than usual, one of the riders was on a mountian bike. But it turned out to be a good start for me.

Tonight, it was hot and modestly humid. There were just two of us and I held my own, but didn't feel as strong as I did last year.

I've got some long rides planned for the next 10 days, so hopefully that will help get me up to full stregnth. Gonna pass on the pizza and beer until I lose the extra 10 pounds I put on over the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home