Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Wednesday Night Ride

On Wednesday nights, a group of us go out do a fast ride. Actually, there are two groups, but the larger, faster group goes out and it's real cutthroat. There is a smaller group of us (3-6) who ride fast, by our standards, but we stick together, so we can draft off each other. Actually, I'm not nearly as strong as the rest of them (yet), so I do a lot of drafting. (And, at this time I would like to thank Brent, Mary, Barb and Lori for pulling me along). Tonight's ride went 25 miles. We averaged 18.3 mph, which for me was a new personal high.

When I got home from work today, I was a little stiff (or a big stiff relatively speaking). I wanted to do a little gentle riding to loosen up before we started. I got about 4 miles in before we started, so I had a total of 29 miles today. On Monday night, I got another 25, so my total for the year is 2,816 miles. Should pass 3,000 next week sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home