Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Fishy Tail, um Tale

The Frankfort Breakfast Club met right on time yesterday. We had a quality, if not a quantity group for our ride. It was cloudy, foggy, muggy and not hot. We rode to Peotone for breakfast. It was a nice brisk ride down and after enjoying a pleasant meal amongst friends and colleagues, we rode back to Frankfort. Nothing exciting happened, really.

Today, the FOS route was a study of busy streets. We decided that we didn't want to study busy streets and opted to make up a new route. We took a roundabout course to Joliet and Rockdale and back to Joliet for breakfast. Then we worked our way north up the I&M to Lockport. From there we went a different way back to Joliet (did I mention that Joliet is fairly large) and through Pilcher Park. We were riding through the park on a trail that paralleled Hickory Creek, we were about 20 feet above it, and maybe 50 feet away from it. As we went along there was some debris on the road. As we passed, it turned out to be a big fish, maybe two and a half to three feet long. It actually may be longer by now, you know how fish tales go. I certainly hope this fish fell out of someone's cooler. I'd hate to think some super fish is living and evolving in Hickory Creek, ready to take over Northern Illinois, Godzilla style.

From Pilcher Park, we made our way back to Old Plank Trail and points east. My total for the day 61 miles. Total miles for the week 218. Total for the year 3,832.

Confidential to my friends who happen to by White Sox fans: Please note that I meant no disrespect, I was just pointing my own observations as a fellow baseball fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home