Dustin' Off Big Blue
Ever since I got my grocery panniers, I have done almost all my grocery shopping and other assorted errands on my bicycle. I said most, because I haven't yet figured out how to put a 25 pound bag of cat food, or a large package of cat litter on my bike. But so far, I have run (ridden) these errands on my second road bike, which has a rack on it. Ideally, I should be running (riding) these errands on my Sedona, which is my original bike and also has a rack on it. It is larger, more comfortable, more stable and when the time comes, has snow tires.
Well, I finally dusted off the Sedona, which I have nicknamed "Big Blue". If you have read any of the Stephanie Plum novels, you know she keeps having minor mishaps with her various automobiles and ends up driving a 1953 Buick. Need I add that Big Blue is Stephanie's nickname for the Buick. Riding either of my road bikes feels like driving a sports cars, sleek and fast. The Sedona feels like the '53 Buick. Mind you, I have never driven a 1953 Buick, but I have driven a 1974 Chrysler Newport, which might be close in size to the Buick. In fact I LEARNED to drive in that car. The Sedona feels like the '74 Chrysler. I do get a better workout in the four mile trip to the grocery store on Big Blue.
So, today I added four miles to the year's total. There was no roadkill (fish or mammal) between my house and the store.
Also, if you have never read one of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, I highly recommend it. Very light reading, but I assure you, you will laugh out loud, more than once.
Well, I finally dusted off the Sedona, which I have nicknamed "Big Blue". If you have read any of the Stephanie Plum novels, you know she keeps having minor mishaps with her various automobiles and ends up driving a 1953 Buick. Need I add that Big Blue is Stephanie's nickname for the Buick. Riding either of my road bikes feels like driving a sports cars, sleek and fast. The Sedona feels like the '53 Buick. Mind you, I have never driven a 1953 Buick, but I have driven a 1974 Chrysler Newport, which might be close in size to the Buick. In fact I LEARNED to drive in that car. The Sedona feels like the '74 Chrysler. I do get a better workout in the four mile trip to the grocery store on Big Blue.
So, today I added four miles to the year's total. There was no roadkill (fish or mammal) between my house and the store.
Also, if you have never read one of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, I highly recommend it. Very light reading, but I assure you, you will laugh out loud, more than once.


1 Comments:
Xtracycle, Ellen, Xtracycle! Geez... I sound like a company shill. But that cat litter would get swallowed up by it!
Post a Comment
<< Home