Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sneakin' Up on 5,000!

Well the National Weather Service ("NWS") folk were right, at least with their end of day prediction yesterday. It was cool but dry today. The FOS ride was supposed to go to Momence, but that would have meant head winds all the way home (and there was at least one of us, me, who didn't want that). So, today we rode out towards Joliet and Lockport. Head winds on the way out and a nice push home. I ended up with 53 miles for the ride.

We stopped in Frankfort on the way home so I could show off my new jersey (as opposed to my Illinois, or Ohio......ok, insert groan here___________).



This afternoon I had to run some errands so I picked up another four miles. That gives me 57 miles for the day, 156 for the week, 4,920 for the year. So, unless the NWS is on crack with their forecast for the upcoming week, I should turn over 5,000 sometime in the next 7 days, hopefully sooner.

On another happy note, Da Bears pulled a out victory over the Vikings. I became a little excited when Rex threw the TD with less than 2 minutes left. I hope my cat forgives me for throwing her in the air. My Boys of Summer won as well in that great state of Texas. Congratulations Grady for your two HR game, one which was an inside the park HR!

And the best news of all: the Stillers lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home