Screw Loose?
Well, I just completed my longest ride of the year - 41 miles today. That brings my 2010 total to approx 650 miles. (I really do have to sit down and calculate this out, along with my cumulative miles.)
Today was the "Pre-Easter Ride". The Easter Ride is our club's annual invitational/fundraiser. Today's ride is for members who will be working next week to ride the routes. We had a decent showing.
Six of us decided to do the 38 mile route, with a shortcut thrown in. Since I rode 5 miles from my house (10 miles round trip) the route turned out to be around 31 miles. After starting out after the rest stop at Monee Reservoir I was having trouble getting my left shoe clipped into my pedal. So after stopping to investigate, it turns out there WAS a loose screw in my cleat, but it was completely gone - which would explain my difficulty clipping into my pedal. One of my co-riders discovered that you use the same screw on a shoe cleat as you do on a water bottle cage. Go figure. So a third rider who wasn't using his water bottle cage donated a screw to the cause. I don't remember either of your names, but I thank you. So, at the moment, I don't have any physical screws loose.
Confidential to the Cleveland Indians bullpens: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Today was the "Pre-Easter Ride". The Easter Ride is our club's annual invitational/fundraiser. Today's ride is for members who will be working next week to ride the routes. We had a decent showing.
Six of us decided to do the 38 mile route, with a shortcut thrown in. Since I rode 5 miles from my house (10 miles round trip) the route turned out to be around 31 miles. After starting out after the rest stop at Monee Reservoir I was having trouble getting my left shoe clipped into my pedal. So after stopping to investigate, it turns out there WAS a loose screw in my cleat, but it was completely gone - which would explain my difficulty clipping into my pedal. One of my co-riders discovered that you use the same screw on a shoe cleat as you do on a water bottle cage. Go figure. So a third rider who wasn't using his water bottle cage donated a screw to the cause. I don't remember either of your names, but I thank you. So, at the moment, I don't have any physical screws loose.
Confidential to the Cleveland Indians bullpens: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home