Monday, July 17, 2006

It was sooooo hot, that....

....[insert your own punchline here]. For me, it was so hot, that I cut short my ride yesterday.

On Saturday, four of us from the Frankfort Breakfast Club rode out and did a gentle (14-16 mph) ride on the Joliet Junction and Rock Run trails in Joliet, Crest Hill and Shorewood. It was a long ride (68 miles total), but we were going slower, there was a lot of shade, and we stopped a little more frequently than we would on a cooler day.

The Sunday ride was supposed to be 60+ miles out to Elwood and Manhattan. Now, Sunday was hotter, and there is no shade between Frankfort, Manhattan and Elwood. I rode to Manhattan for breakfast, but didn't feel strong enough to ride out to Elwood. Drank a lot of water and Gatorade, still felt weak and dizzy by the time I got home. I have no idea how my friends who went on to Elwood fared.

This was my second 200+ mile week in a row. Total for the year 2,983. Next ride should take me over 3,000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home