Friday, July 21, 2006

Bikes, beer and other stuff

I didn't have my normal weeknight rides this week. On Tuesday, I did get out to Frankfort to pick up some grocery panniers. That was a 27 mile ride. That ride took me over 3,000 miles for the year. I didn't get to 3,000 until the middle of September last year.

For a number of reasons, I didn't do the Wednesday night ride. I did join the group afterwards for beer, though. I'm not sure which is more valuable - a training ride, or beer. I'll have to get back to you on that.

I did try out my grocery panniers last night. They worked out very well. I had to be more selective, but these panniers will hold about as much as you can fit in one of those hand-held baskets. Win-win, didn't use any gas, didn't buy anything unnecessary. I can see me doing my grocery shopping a couple of times a week this way as long as the weather holds. For me, that means the temperature is above zero, and the roads don't have snow or ice on them.

Planning on riding with the Frankfort Breakfast Club tomorrow and Folks on Spokes on Sunday. Weather should be nice - low 80's, low humidities. Hopefully, I'll make up some of the miles I missed this week.

My world is feeling a little better. I've come to terms with the Indians season. They won on Wednesday and didn't play yesterday, so I got two days of warm and fuzzy out of that win. It also helped that the Tigs won two out three from the Sox.

So long Wicky! The Fausto era has begun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home