The Happy Homeowner
This week, I sacrificed some riding for the sake of my house. Sometimes its more important to be a responsible homeowner, even if its just getting the grass cut. But 2006 as a whole has taught me a lot about home ownership, and Angie's List. I had four separate issues with my house including sewer work and foundation repair. The sewer work included installing an outside access to my sewer line. Well, I live at the top of a hill (at least it's hill-like for Illinois) and my sewer line is about 7 feet deep. the hole they dug was about 7 1/2 feet deep and six feet long. This was done last March and at first my front yard looked like it belonged on the set of the Hitchcock classic "The Trouble with Harry". I have been slowly back-filling the hole as the dirt settles and Harry is almost completely buried now. I like to think of these kind of activities as cross-training for my riding.
I did squeeze a few miles out this week. Got a 24 miler in on Tuesday, 25 on the Wednesday Night Ride and 38 today. Normally I don't ride on Fridays, I like to have fresh legs for the weekend. But I couldn't ride yesterday, the tornado sirens kept going off. I don't have a wicker basket on the from of my bike, but the image of the Wicked Witch of the West riding through the tornado in "The Wizard of Oz" was kinda going through my mind. Also, tomorrow I will be attending a family function so I won't be riding with the Frankfort Breakfast Club.
Sunday, it's supposed to be another one of those tropical Chicago summer days. The FOS ride meets at Hickory Creek in Mokena this week, so I will be getting an earlier start, but hard to say how many miles I'll actually crank.
To date, I'm at 3,237 miles.
I did squeeze a few miles out this week. Got a 24 miler in on Tuesday, 25 on the Wednesday Night Ride and 38 today. Normally I don't ride on Fridays, I like to have fresh legs for the weekend. But I couldn't ride yesterday, the tornado sirens kept going off. I don't have a wicker basket on the from of my bike, but the image of the Wicked Witch of the West riding through the tornado in "The Wizard of Oz" was kinda going through my mind. Also, tomorrow I will be attending a family function so I won't be riding with the Frankfort Breakfast Club.
Sunday, it's supposed to be another one of those tropical Chicago summer days. The FOS ride meets at Hickory Creek in Mokena this week, so I will be getting an earlier start, but hard to say how many miles I'll actually crank.
To date, I'm at 3,237 miles.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home