Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wednesday Night Ride and Other Things

I had only my second flat of the year on tonight's ride. The two flats 1/4 mile from home a couple of weeks ago don't count as I didn't need to change them to ride. This was the only buzzkill tonight. I had the flat at about the 19-20 mile mark, and at that point we were averaging 18.6 mph. We ended up with 17.7 mph avg post-flat.

Of course, we celebrated afterwards with beer and pizza, which is a generous mix of carbs and protein to speed recovery.

I would also like to hoist a beer in honor of Al, who won FOUR gold medals last weekend at the Senior Olympics. Here, here!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ellen,
Thanks for the congrats to Al and for the mention of the guided tour on Sunday!
Barbara

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home