Takin' Care of Business
Hah! Now you have that BTO song bouncing around in your head. Anyway, I had to take the afternoon off from work to take care of some personal business. Fortunately, I could do this by bicycle AND I managed to squeeze a 58 mile ride around it.
It was a beautiful day for a bike ride and on this rare occasion I got to do it on a weekday. So I called a friend and once I took care of my errand, rode around the gentle countrysides of both Illinois and Indiana. Total for the day 58 miles, average speed 15 mph. Total for the year 3719 miles.
On a side note, kudos to Paul Byrd for pitching a complete game victory for my boys today. I guess that is one way to keep from worrying when (not if) the bullpen will implode.
I see the White Sux managed a SPLIT with the mighty Royals. Hmmmm, Buerhle got the win, but the combined pitching staff gave up 12 hits. Yesterday Contreras himself gave up 12 hits and 7 ER to the same mighty Royals. If I was a White Sux, er Sox fan, I'd be getting a little nervous about my pitching staff. If they go to the playoffs, they have over 2 months to play.
It was a beautiful day for a bike ride and on this rare occasion I got to do it on a weekday. So I called a friend and once I took care of my errand, rode around the gentle countrysides of both Illinois and Indiana. Total for the day 58 miles, average speed 15 mph. Total for the year 3719 miles.
On a side note, kudos to Paul Byrd for pitching a complete game victory for my boys today. I guess that is one way to keep from worrying when (not if) the bullpen will implode.
I see the White Sux managed a SPLIT with the mighty Royals. Hmmmm, Buerhle got the win, but the combined pitching staff gave up 12 hits. Yesterday Contreras himself gave up 12 hits and 7 ER to the same mighty Royals. If I was a White Sux, er Sox fan, I'd be getting a little nervous about my pitching staff. If they go to the playoffs, they have over 2 months to play.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home