Monday, August 14, 2006

Riding to Channahon

Yesterday's ride was to Channahon. I did this ride last year and it's a nice ride incorporating two different bike trails (Old Plank Trail and the I&M Canal trail), lots of country roads and some nice scenery, refineries notwithstanding.

Other than as a cycling destination, I didn't know much about Channahon. I have found out that we are the same age, though Channahon was incorporated, and I was born, but at least it was the same year. I do find their motto interesting, "Where the waters meet". Channahon seems like a nice little village, but there doesn't seem to be much night life or anything like that, so what do the waters do when they meet? Hang out and watch TV?

76 miles for the day, 184 for the week, 3614 for the year.

On a related note, I would like to thank my boys (The Tribe) for reminding me why I watch almost all your games, even if it's TiVoed. Grady's walk off triple on Friday night practically brought tears (of joy) to my eyes. And congrats to Pronk for tying the MLB record for salamis (6) in a single season yesterday. Hope you get a chance to break the record big guy. I know, I know it was just the Royals, but a four game sweep is still a four game sweep, esp since said Royals had just swept the mighty BoSox. And, the four game sweep gives us a season high six game winning streak for the year, including the two previous wins against the Halos. Off to TwinkieTown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home