5000!
Well, this morning on my way to Frankfort to meet up with the Frankfort Breakfast Club, I turned over 5000 miles. FWIW (for what its worth) it felt just like 4999.
Today was supposed to be mostly cloudy and chance of rain. It turned out to be mostly sunny and no rain clouds in sight, at least in the morning. The group rode out to Peotone for breakfast. It was a fairly unevenful ride, but a good breakfast. I totalled 43 miles on the ride.
In the afternoon, it remained sunny. So, I went out to run some errands. I took Big Blue (my 2002 Sedona, the bicycle equivalent of a 1953 Buick). After my first stop, the sky to the north was darkening, and I still had three stops to make. I decided to cut out one stop. Well, needless to say, not only did I still get caught in the rain (t-storm), but I was on a bike that I couldn't ride particularly fast, esp into the wind, up a hill. For a weather geek like me, this is really bad. The nice weather in the morning lulled me into a false sense of security. But I did get another 4 miles, so I had 47 for the day.
Tomorrow promises to be sunny and mid-70s. No chance of rain. Hope to have a mileage filled FOS ride. And, since Da Bears are playing at night, maybe I can finish my errands.
Today was supposed to be mostly cloudy and chance of rain. It turned out to be mostly sunny and no rain clouds in sight, at least in the morning. The group rode out to Peotone for breakfast. It was a fairly unevenful ride, but a good breakfast. I totalled 43 miles on the ride.
In the afternoon, it remained sunny. So, I went out to run some errands. I took Big Blue (my 2002 Sedona, the bicycle equivalent of a 1953 Buick). After my first stop, the sky to the north was darkening, and I still had three stops to make. I decided to cut out one stop. Well, needless to say, not only did I still get caught in the rain (t-storm), but I was on a bike that I couldn't ride particularly fast, esp into the wind, up a hill. For a weather geek like me, this is really bad. The nice weather in the morning lulled me into a false sense of security. But I did get another 4 miles, so I had 47 for the day.
Tomorrow promises to be sunny and mid-70s. No chance of rain. Hope to have a mileage filled FOS ride. And, since Da Bears are playing at night, maybe I can finish my errands.


2 Comments:
Congrats. It must be gratifying to have people look at you and shake their heads in wonder. Look what we can do.
"It must be gratifying to have people look at you and shake their heads in wonder."
Welcome to my world! People have been looking at me for years shaking their collective heads in wonder......
Post a Comment
<< Home