Celebrating Veteran's Day
We had very seasonal weather today. Cloudy, blustery and temps that never climbed out of the 30's. But The Frankfort Breakfast Club rides on. There were basically three of us riding today. I say basically three, because a fourth joined us for a few miles, but he had a flat and decided he didn't have enough time to go out to breakfast with us and turned around.
We went to downtown Joliet for breakfast. There is a nice smoke-free restaurant right around the corner from the Rialto Square Theater. After a nice leisurely breakfast, which is just another way of saying we ate slow because it was cold outside, we went 2 blocks south to the Will County Courthouse and watched the Veteran's Day Ceremonies for a little bit.
We then headed back toward Frankfort. Of course I stopped in the coffee, er, bike shop and warmed up a little before cranking out the last 10 miles home. I ended up with 49 miles for the day and Pete was nowhere to be seen. I wonder what his mileage total is for the year. hmmmmm.
We went to downtown Joliet for breakfast. There is a nice smoke-free restaurant right around the corner from the Rialto Square Theater. After a nice leisurely breakfast, which is just another way of saying we ate slow because it was cold outside, we went 2 blocks south to the Will County Courthouse and watched the Veteran's Day Ceremonies for a little bit.
We then headed back toward Frankfort. Of course I stopped in the coffee, er, bike shop and warmed up a little before cranking out the last 10 miles home. I ended up with 49 miles for the day and Pete was nowhere to be seen. I wonder what his mileage total is for the year. hmmmmm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home